M Release Notes–-V2.5-9
M.1 Modified Commands
The following applications have been modified:
- The residuals used to determine the fit are now weighted using the SNR
of the data rather than the reciprocal of the variance. This will cause
the final alignment to be determined more by the brighter sections of
the map than previously.
- There is a new estimator option,
"FastMed", that offers a substantially
faster calculation of unweighted medians.
- There is a new mode,
"NDF". It assigns the axis values using the data
values in another NDF, specified by a parameter called AXISNDF.
- Has a new Parameter CENTRE, which specifies the centre about which the
WCS co-ordinates are stretched or squashed.
- The input NDFs can now be aligned with a specified POLPACK
catalogue–-see new Parameter REFCAT.
- Has a new parameter called WEIGHTS that can be used to specify a weight
for each of the input NDFs.